What are the Benefits?
Available with our advanced general dentistry procedures, this approach has several important benefits. It will:
- Help to manage anxiety about undergoing general dentistry procedures
- Help patients with fears or phobias about the dentist to relax
- Remove the need for general anaesthetic
- Remove the need to go to hospital
- Allow patients to be easily woken when necessary
- Be gentle and safe compared to other anaesthetics
- Usually leave patients to have no recollection of their treatment
Sleep dentistry at our South Melbourne clinic is performed by a leading expert in the latest twilight anaesthesia techniques. Our expert anaesthetist can help you feel completely calm, relaxed and free of anxiety or phobia during your procedure.
The steps to an anxiety-free procedure include:
Step 1: Preparation
Our patient care begins with a consultation well prior to the sedation procedure appointment. We conduct a thorough medical, airway and venous access assessment to ensure that you’re suitable for sleep dentistry.
Step 2: Patient Information Folder
Patients are provided an Information Folder that includes all necessary pre and post-operative instructions.
Step 3: On the Day
Our specialist dental and anaesthetic practitioners arrive at our South Melbourne clinic early to prepare equipment and conduct a pre-operative patient check, patient monitoring, cannulation and sedation.
Step 4: Post-Operative Care
Post-operative care continues until we are certain you’re ready for discharge. We ensure that you and your family have read your Information Folder and understand the requirements for travel and home care.