Child Dental Benefit Scheme
About the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) in Melbourne
The CDBS (Child Dental Benefits Schedule) is a Medicare controlled children’s dental scheme that provides up to $1,000 every two calendar years to help families by covering various dental services for eligible children aged between two and 18 years of age.
Dental on Clarendon is a South Melbourne based dental clinic that provides CDBS scheme services to help families provide children with dental treatments that they can afford. Get in touch with us to find out more about the CDBS and how your child can benefit.
Learn More About the Dental Benefits Scheme Today
If you’re looking for a kids’ dental scheme that will assist in treating your child’s dental issues, get in touch with Dental on Clarendon to learn more about the CDBS Scheme and what it can cover. Next time you’re searching for “CDBS dentist near me”, Call us on (03) 9690 3285 or submit an enquiry on our contact page for more information.
Make an Enquiry Today
Commonly Asked Questions
The services covered by the CDBS scheme aim to help prevent any dental diseases or to restore teeth affected by infection or trauma. Dental on Clarendon will discuss our treatment plan with you to plan an appropriate preventative treatment plan for your child that’s within the scope of the services the CDBS scheme covers.
- Regular dental examinations
- Fissure sealants
- Tooth extraction
- Root canal treatments
We advise that you use your online Medicare account on MyGov or call Medicare on 132 011 to see if your child is eligible. However, children aged between 2-17 years old who receive at least one of the following benefits are usually eligible:
- Carer payment
- Youth allowance
- Family Tax Benefit Part A
- Disability support pension
- Parenting payment
- Special benefits
The CDBS does not cover the following dental treatments:
- Orthodontic dentistry (i.e. braces or Invisalign)
- Cosmetic dentistry (i.e. dental crowns or veneers)
- Any treatments performed in a hospital
For your child to get dental services under the children’s dental scheme at our clinic, you must:
- Make an appointment at our South Melbourne clinic, and notify us that you will be claiming the appointment under the CDBS.
- Have a discussion with our dentist about what treatments your child requires, the costs involved, and if there are any type of restrictions involved in terms of your eligibility for the dental benefits scheme.
- Sign a consent form our dentist will provide you with to agree to your child undergoing our services and the cost involved.
- Have our dentist perform these procedures.
No. Treatments that have already been claimed through the CDBS cannot be claimed with private health insurance.